Saturday, May 03, 2008

Just some pictures - I'm sick and I still have work to do.

I know, I know, it's a hard-knock life...

Brentyn, reading me magazines on a nice afternoon.


See above, with a view of our still-frozen lake.


Purple finches are a welcome addition to our birdfeeders.


The usual suspects - 50-odd juncos make a lot of noise at 5:15 in the morning when it starts to get light out!


Red-winged blackbirds - we had about twenty eating the seeds on the ground in the backyard this morning. I didn't even know they were seed-eaters; I thought living in marshes was due to eating all of the bugs you find in a marsh.


I think I also may have seen our first merlin. All of the juncos disappeared and I saw a fast-moving shape darting through the trees.

I had more pictures (including Jill climbing the tree Wretched was in to escape dogs), but my camera did its screwy thing again.

I'm thinking about going fishing this afternoon or tomorrow (there's some open and flowing water an easy walk away, and we've caught fish there before). If I do, I'll add some pictures of all the fish we don't catch because of the cold front. If not, I guess I'll do an in-depth and thoughtful blog entry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home