My procrastination method of choice over the past week has involved going through old pictures, and completing a cull of the duplicates, and fuzzy shots, and videos of nothing in particular. It was largely inspired by the fact that I was down to my last 536MB's of space on my hard drive, but it led to a rather delightful jaunt down memory lane nonetheless. I thought I'd share some highlights; some of these same pictures may well be on the blog somewhere already, but I still enjoyed reminiscing with them.
My classroom at the start of the year. So clean, so neat...

A taste of Ojibwa culture.
I don't know any of these people - they just came for the Pow-wow.

I know some of these people.
The little guy in the white's a lot bigger now - I taught him in grade 7 last year!

More Ojibwa culture ;-)

We were "scheduled" to play a game next.
I didn't know about "schedules" in Pik yet then.

These two are in grade 6 now, although last I checked, Jaden's still small enough I can give him a helicopter ride. Heck of an athlete though! Garrison is Alex and Kurri (of OLI)'s little brother, although I didn't figure that out until almost the end of last year.

Brentyn, when he was the age we'll always remember Delayna at :-)

Exploring in and around Pikangikum. Patricia has been in Nunavut ever since my second year in Pik - see? I'm not the only one who goes further north!




Not a lot of winter shots from that first year. Anyone for ice road hockey?


Oh, Denty... Giiyushkway wimptegoozhe in a little silver car on the winter road.

Of course, the defining event of year one...

The aftermath as seen from my classroom.

All that was left...

Pikangikum from the air. How sane people left for the summer.

How Matt Boody left...

...because I convinced him to!

Thus ends Pikangikum Retrospective, Year I. More to come in future procrastinatory moments. And don't worry, the book will feature much more detail. ;-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home