Sunday, November 05, 2006

Boring blog entry this week - sorry, no pictures.

Hello! Although this past week was a very full week, it was also a week full of me forgetting to take my camera with me places, so no new pictures.

First off, the highlight of this past week for many of the kids was our primary division Hallowe'en party. This is one day I really should have taken pictures, unfortunately, I outsmarted myself; I put my gloves on top of my camera so my kids wouldn't see it and want to play with it, and then I forgot that that's where it was and thought I had left it at home... until just after I finished taking down all of the Haunted House decorations in my room anyway.

The haunted house was quite a success - I scared a few kids, and had a few brave ones who ate 'maggots' (rice) and touched 'zombie-pumpkin brains' (spaghetti). I became the evil 'pumpkin man' ("I used to be a simple teacher and pumpkin farmer, until one evil day - it was both Hallowe'en and Friday the 13th - the pumpkins turned against me!!") and led the kids on a tour of the zombie-pumpkin lair... It was fun... until I had to teach another hour of class to sugar-filled kids after the party before they got on their buses.

Also this week, ice hockey started! They take their rec leagues seriously here - we play three games a week! So, this coming week, I'll be playing floor hockey Tuesday and Thursday and ice hockey Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tough week! It took until Friday's game, but I scored my first goal, and only a couple of shifts after I scored on my own net... If anyone from Ice Times reads this, some things never change...

On Friday, I had my first official teacher evaluation. Although I haven't heard yet how it went, I'm pretty confident; I taught a science lesson using the Bear/Moose/Eagle game, which my kids are familiar with from having played a couple of times already, and my vice-principal seemed to be pretty pleased with how the class was going. I guess I'll find out this week.

Yesterday, I got out for the first time on cross-country skis. I probably went further than I should have for a first time out (hence I'm not playing basketball right now!) but I got out into a sparsely populated section of town, and it was pretty enough that I just wanted to keep going. Once the lake is frozen over, I think my regular route might consist of out to Dunsford's Point and then back across the lake. I'll definitely have to take my camera the next time I go out; there were a number of times that I thought "hey, this would make a great picture..."

Anyway, that's all for this week - time to go watch the Argos!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kevin Manley said...

I can sympathize with the sugar filled kids thing. My school has snack time after first period, sometimes its fruit but on really scary days its chococakes (we call them wagonwheels in Canada). They all love snack time but I know what ever class I have about half a hour afterwards is going to be dancing around like a hummingbirds on crack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home